Monday, January 21, 2013

Amanda and her Italian Adventure

1-21-13
Today I watched Amanda walk into Terminal E at IAH.  Twenty-one years old and off to Italy for a semester of learning.  She will be attending the University of Rome and she will have the opportunity to become immersed in the Italian culture and history.

My only thought as she walked away from me was; have I given her enough, taught her enough, explained enough...have I equipped her to a point that she can handle this next great adventure?

About 3 years ago I wrote about her last game of volleyball as a senior and I mentioned that she was becoming a lady and she was not near as scared as I was.  Nothing has changed.  She has now visited Africa and Japan, lived in Nashville and completed 3 years of college.  She seemingly never meets a stranger and she has "danced" with every opportunity that has presented itself.  She will conquer this challenge as well.  Is she equipped?  Probably not; however, she has the one ingredient that Julie and I tried so hard to instill in her and her sisters...she isn't afraid to step out and try something new.

Yes, I am scared.  Rome is a long way away and I cant get there near as fast as I could get to Tennessee. I am nervous but I could not be more proud!  Amanda, you go girl!  Dance

No comments: